Thursday 1 March 2012

Interview with Sota Fukushi (Fourze) and Ryo Yoshizawa (Meteor)

 

 In the most recent issue of Hyper Hobby, an interview was held together with the actors of Kamen Rider Fourze and Kamen Rider Meteor, Sota Fukushi and Ryo Yoshizawa respectively.
This is what the pair  had to say:
HH: So, let’s start of with what was your first impression of each other?
Ryo: We hit off really quickly, didn’t we?
Sota: Yeah, we are practically the same age, so I thought I should’ve been as friendly as possible.
R: The first time I met Sota, I actually felt refreshed. (laughs together with Sota.) I’m a very shy person, so I rarely open myself up to others. But the first time I met Sota, he was standing there with fat smile saying “Hey, I’m Sota Fukushi.” I just thought, he has to be a nice guy.
S: I remember that Ryo was wearing all black that day, at first I though, this guy is probably really cool. The character Ryusei is really cool and all, but Ryo’s true face? It’s not cool at all. (Both laughs)
S: I think Ryo is the one who stands out the most out of all the members.
R: Really?
S: Yeah, I think so.
R: Don’t you think, we could turn this around and say you’re the one who stands out the most?
S: No, I’m completely normal.
R: How is that even normal? (Laughs) Aren’t all the members kind of the same?
S: They all have their own individual personalities.
R: Everyone’s really happy during the sets, so yeah… Remember when we were having lunch together? That time when I ate Tsuke-men.
S: Yeah, I remember that. (Laughs)
R: The two of us were like “the noodles aren’t that sweet…” We had a whole conversation just about that.
S: Oh, the memories. It feels nostalgic.
R: It was 2 months ago, time sure flies by.
S: Ryo, I’ve been meaning to ask you something. You’ve already been on the set for roughly 3 months already. Did you watch Fourze before you came on the show?
R:  I’ve been watching since episode 1. (While glaring at Sota) I thought Fourze was really cool.
S: What do you mean? (Laughs)
R: His style was just so different, it surprised me.
S: It surprised me too! (Laughs)
R: Then the fact that it’s based around a school. Fourze also has so many switches and weapons. It’s definitely a first for Kamen Rider.
S: Yeah, and the characters too.
R: “It’s Space Time!” too.
S: I find that really funny. (Laughs)
R: The transformation pose is really cool too. Especially with the countdown.
S: Yeah, that part is really cool!
R: I could feel the tension rising when I saw it the first time. How did you feel when you saw Meteor the first time, then?
S: I thought he was really cool when I first saw him. It’s nice to see that he kind of balances out Fourze, since he’s a bit too comical.
R: I know I’m the one playing Meteor, but Meteor is just way too awesome. Probably the best rider of all time (Laughs). Seriously though, when I saw “Aatchaaa!” in the script, I was like “are they for real?” (Laughs)
S: That caught me off guard.
R: I find it really cool that he fights with a Jeet Kune Do style. But the ADR Recording was tough at first.
S: But you got the hang of ADR much faster than me! I’m still having problems.
HH: Out of all the episodes that have aired, which part has left the strongest impression on you?
R: Hmm, I wonder…
S: This just crossed my mind, but the part where Ryusei punches Gentaro in the face. (Episode 18)




R: I thought about that too!
S: That was the part when Ryusei actually showed his true self.
R: Yeah, it does leave an impression on you.

HH: Has there ever been a part where you simply think “How do I do this?”
S: Every time I have to shout. (Laughs) It was almost shown in the series, but behind the sets we have an inside joke were someone, usually Fumika (Yuki), says “shut up, shut up!” every time we are too loud. (Laughs)
R: Oh yeah, I almost forgot about. (Laughs)
S: It doesn’t happen that often now.
R: For you that is.
S: What, what?
R: I’m saying this with good intentions, you have too much freedom. (Laughs)
S: What, really? (Laughs)
R: It’s like you let everything out because you have so much freedom, but it’s a good thing.

HH: Lastly, do you have anything you’d like say to cheer on each other?
R: Uh, well… This is going to be a little awkward. (Laughs)
S: Ahahaha!
R: It’s been going great as it is, I’d like to keep it like this. I think we should all have fun while working hard at our own paces.
S: Yeah, and as two Kamen Riders growing together, I really feel like we should work together in order to make Kamen Rider Fourze the best show out there.
R: Ooh, you just said something great there! (Laughs)

Extra Questions:
HH: What do you want to happen in the show?
S: I’d like the two of us to stand next to each other and do a simultaneous transformation.
R: I want that to happen so bad!
S: But Ryusei is hiding his identity as Meteor, so it won’t work.
R: That’s true…
S: I believe that Riders should fight together, it always looks so cool.
R: Yeah, I’d love to see a double transformation on my own TV at home.

HH: What should the audience look out for?
R: Episode 25 and 26. It’s almost time for graduation!
S: Miu and Shun are about to graduate. What’s going to happen to them?
R: Definitely going to be interesting.
S: Interesting developments indeed.
R: There’s that moment where you think “Miu, is that really true!?”
S: It’s a touching episode.
R: A touching episode indeed.
S: Please, do look forward to it!













Source: DecaEnd of HJU

No comments:

Post a Comment